Remark Holdings Partners with Hanvon Technology to Win Phase 2 of China Mobile's Smart Store Transformation
With its advanced AI solutions for the field of smart retail, Remark's
"KanKan AI is excited to continue our deep cooperation with Hanvon Technology. By combining their hardware expertise and sales channel with our advanced AI technology research and development, we expect the partnership will not only allow to us to win more contacts together with China Mobile, but also to expand our business in the smart telecom retail store market," added
The project is expected to be delivered over the next two years. Phase 1 includes the upgrade of more than 17,800 stores across the entire country and is valued at
In the first phase of the project that KanKan AI and Hanvon Technology jointly won, facial-ID, traffic counting, and smart queue management systems have already been installed into operation. Among the installed systems, the Smart Queue Management System has been implemented in more than 2,000 stores across
The second phase of the project adds incident detection functionalities, including the following:
- Stranger intrusion alerting: generates a warning if unauthorized personnel trespass in monitored/sensitive areas.
- Fire detection: signals if a fire or smoke is detected in monitored areas.
- Object recognition and placement monitoring: alerts if an object is missing or moved from its original placement.
- Overcrowding detection: counts number of visitors, and generates a warning if the number exceeds the given capacity.
- Staff attendance management: monitors the duration of staff absence from appointed duties.
- Customer loitering prevention: detects loitering times of individual visitors and groups of visitors in monitored areas, alerting management if times exceed predetermined thresholds.
- Dress code compliance monitoring: the system automatically checks the dress code of staff, which is only allowed to begin a shift if standards are met.
- Mask wearing compliance monitoring: during the period of the pandemic, the system generates a warning if personnel or customers are not wearing proper facial protection.
The incident detection module being implemented during the second phase uses front-end cameras to collect video data, uses AI algorithms to analyze the video input and automatically perform incident-detection functionalities, and supports a comprehensive 24-hour-per-day real-time monitoring program. The system immediately identifies abnormal events and behaviors, generates warnings in real-time, archives any evidence, sends notification to the operator, and establishes workflow automation for pre-event alerting, allowing for a fast response when events happen.
Alarm data such as event type, processing status, processed rate, event time is summarized and analyzed in real-time for determining related patterns. The backend of the smart management system can effectively gather the data of all stores. With the multiple dimension metrics from queue management, to store standardization, abnormal environment, incident analysis and others, the smart management level of the store has been greatly increased.
About Hanwang Technology Co., Ltd
Established in 1998, Hanwang Technology Co., Ltd. (Hanvon Technology) is the pioneer in character recognition technology and intelligent interactive products worldwide. Through continuous innovation over years, Hanwang Technology has a number of core technologies with independent intellectual property rights in the field of handwriting recognition, optical character recognition (OCR), and handwriting input. The company's comprehensive technical power is in leading position both at home and abroad. The technology of handwritten Chinese character recognition won the first prize of National Science and Technology Progress Award, and OCR won the second prize of this same award. For additional information, please refer to http://www.hanvon.com/.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including information relating to future events, future financial performance, strategies, expectations, competitive environment and regulation. Words such as "may," "should," "could," "would," "predicts," "potential," "continue," "expects," "anticipates," "future," "intends," "plans," "believes," "estimates," and similar expressions, as well as statements in future tense, identify forward-looking statements. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors, including those discussed in Part I, Item 1A. Risk Factors in
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/remark-holdings-partners-with-hanvon-technology-to-win-phase-2-of-china-mobiles-smart-store-transformation-301068368.html